– La Jolla Half Marathon & 5K.
– Canter Companies/ Advani Realty Promotes Employee Well-being by Sponsoring Participants in La Jolla Half Marathon & 5K
– 33 members of Team Canter participated in the Half Marathon Triple Crown Series events
– SAN DIEGO, CA – April 27, 2015 – Canter Companies a full-service investment and real estate firm dedicated to the entire lifecycle of development and investments, today announced that it sponsored 33 participants in the annual La Jolla Half Marathon festivities this past weekend. In an effort to support active and healthy lifestyles, the company created Team Canter and sponsored the registrations for employees as well as their clients and friends who expressed interest in running the 13.1-mile race or its shorter 3.2-mile counterpart called the La Jolla Shores 5K. Of those who participated, 31 members ran, jogged and walked the 5K while the other two ran the half marathon.
– “Spring is a wonderful time of year and we are always looking for ways to promote the healthy lifestyle choices of our employees, especially outdoors,” said Andrew Canter, president and CEO of Canter Companies. “It’s important for businesses to encourage and promote a work/life balance, because it leads to a happier workforce. Canter Companies has a number of events throughout the year that are designed to reward and empower employees to participate in events like the La Jolla Half Marathon and local charities.”
– The La Jolla Half Marathon, now in its 34th year is one of the most picturesque and beautiful races in the United States. A total of 6,000 runners crossed the finish line in the half marathon and approximately 5,000 people took part in the five kilometer race.
– In addition to sponsoring the registrations for members of Team Canter, Canter Companies is also involved in a handful of local charitable events with next one kicking off in mid-May called “One Chef, One Dish, One San Diego.” That charitable event is a partnership with the San Diego Food Bank and Harvard ’ Girl.